Thirty One by LeighAnne

http://www.mythirtyone.com/thirtyonebyleighanne/

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

nothig big

So there wasn't much that happened today but I would like to share with you this poem that Someone once shared with me about moms of disabled children. I never thought so many things would be taken for granted until I watched my son struggle to hit those milestones that they are supposed to hit. But I have a beautiful sweet little man who is going to be a blessing to many I just know it.

SPECIAL MOTHER
Did you ever wonder how mothers of disabled children were chosen?Sometimes I visualize God hovering over the earth selecting his instruments of propagation with great care and deliberation.
As He observes, He instructs His angels to make notes in a giant ledger."This one gets a daughter. The Patron saint will be Cecelia"
."This one gets twins. The Patron saint will be Matthew".
"This one gets a son. The Patron saint.....give her Gerard. He is used to profanity".
Finally he passes a name to an angel and smiles. "Give her a disabled child".The angel was curious. "Why this one God? She's so happy". "Exactly" smiles God. "Could I give a disabled child to a mother who does not know laughter? That would be cruel!" "But she has no patience?" ask the angel."I don't want her to have too much patience or she will drown in a sea of sorrow and dispair. Once the shock and resentment wears off, she'll handle it. I watched her today, she has that feeling of self and independence that is so necessary in a mother. You see, the child I'm going to give her has his own world. She has to make him live in her world and that is not going to be easy"."But Lord, I don't think she even beleives in you"God smiles, "No matter, I can fix that. This one is perfect, she has just enough selfishness".The angel gasps-"Selfishness? Is that a virture"?God nods. "If she cant separate herself from her child occasionally, she wont survive. Yes heres is a woman whom I will bless with a child less than perfect. She doesnt realize it yet, but she is to be envied.. She will never take for granted a "spoken word". She will never consider any "step" ordinary. When her child says "MOMMA" for the first time she will be present at a miracle and will know it. I will permit her to see clearly the things I see....ignorance, cruelty, and prejudice....and allow her to rise above them. She will never be alone. I will be at her side every minute of every day of her life because she is doing my work as surely as if she is here by my side".
"And what about her Patron saint?" ask the angel, His pen poised in mid air. God smiles "A mirror will surrfice.


"That last paragraph is what gets to me every time cause I know how it feels to hear those first words that you thought would never come and see those steps taken not so perfectly. It's the little things we take for granted THAT is until you don't have them.

To everyone who is praying for my child it means the world to me and I am grateful for each and everyone. For where two or more ask God for help he will answer and I truly believe my child will be healed.

LeighAnne

No comments: